All Souls Church is a thriving and warm-welcoming church situated in the town centre of Eastbourne and opens its doors to anyone and everyone who chooses to attend.
The church is a highly acclaimed Grade2* listed building and was commissioned by Lady Victoria Wellesley, great-niece of the Duke of Wellington, in memory of her two aunts, Dorothy and Emma-Tilney Long. The church took two years to complete and was consecrated by the Bishop of Chichester on the 6th July 1882. Following an Italian Romanesque style for its exterior the architect A. P. Strong of Parr and Strong, London chose to base the interior closely on the 6th century basilica at St. Apollinare in Classe, Ravenna. The church is the only Victorian church in Sussex displaying a free-standing campanile.
In 2021, we completed work on an extension to the All Souls building, providing new toilet facilities. This has been a great blessing to the weekly ministry at All Souls, and our seasonal events.